1.1. Capitalized terms used in these Terms have the following meaning:
- Website means https://casino.guru and its localised versions translated to other languages, which are available either at casino.guru subdomains or at separate domains.
- Plural first-person pronouns like We, Us, or Our refer to the operator of the Website.
- User means a natural or legal person accessing and using the Website. Users are also referred to by second-person pronouns like You or Your.
- Data means all information that a User submits on the Website.
- Cookie is a short text file placed on your computer by the Website or third parties when accessing the Website.
- Data Protection Laws mean any applicable laws related to the processing of personal Data, including the Directive 95/46/EC or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws or regulations.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- EU Cookie Law means directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 July 2002 amended in 2006 and 2009.
- The term User generated content refers to all written content, pictures, videos, and other forms of content posted to the Website by a User.
2. General terms
2.1. The Website serves as a provider of independent information and guidance for individuals interested in playing with online casinos and is not a provider of online gambling services. Any information provided on the Website is of informative nature only and should under no circumstances be considered as legal advice.
2.2. We make every effort to ensure that the information published on the Website is accurate but due to a constantly changing environment of online gambling we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information presented on Website. We bear no liability for any damage resulting from the use of the information found on the Website.
2.3. The Website contains links to external third-party websites. The Website does not affect the content of such third-party websites and bears no liability for such content. We encourage you to read thoroughly all the terms and conditions of use of the third-party websites before participating in any gambling activities.
2.4. By accessing and using the Website, the User grants its consent to these Terms and the Privacy Protection Policy and confirms that he or she understands and will abide these Terms and the Privacy Protection Policy.
2.5. We wish to notify the Users as data subjects whose personal data is processed through the Website, that by expressing their consents to the wording of the Privacy Protection Policy, they also express several consents to the processing of their personal data necessary for the correct use of the Website in accordance with these Terms. For more information on processing of the Users’ data, please see section 5 of these Terms.
2.6. By accessing the Website, the User who is a natural person, confirms to be at least 18 years old and to have full legal capacity. Access to the Website is restricted to any persons under 18 years of age or under the age at which online gambling in the jurisdiction of the User is prohibited. It is the User’s sole responsibility to determine whether it is legal to gamble online within his or her jurisdiction, as well as checking any other legal requirements in force.
2.7. We may restrict access to the whole Website or certain parts of the Website or content to Users coming from certain countries or territories, in order to comply with local legislation.
2.8. In the event that the User identifies any inaccuracy of the information published on the Website or believes the Website in any way does not comply with the legislation of the country of the User, please contact us at email@example.com. Our intention is to use our best efforts to act in compliance with the laws of all the countries where the Website is accessible by Users.
2.9. In the event that any part of the Terms is not in accordance with the legislation of the User’s country, the other parts of the Terms remain in validity.
2.10. Casino Guru logos, trademarks and texts published on the Website constitute our intellectual property. Logos and trademarks of online casinos, gambling providers and payment providers are subject to intellectual property rights belonging to the respective operators of these casinos, gambling platforms and payment services. We publish these logos and trademarks on the Website only for the purpose of referring to the services provided by the respective trademark owners (nominative fair use). Copying the content to other websites is allowed only with working do-follow backlinks in form of <a> html tag or with our prior approval. Content and parts of a content can be republished on Wikipedia.org website just with no-follow backlinks <a> html tag.
2.11. This service may contain translation powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
2.12. Content of the Website can only be reproduced for your own personal and non-commercial uses. Any form of extraction, framing, data mining, scraping, or collection of the content of the Website by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Additionally, you may not mirror any material contained on the website.
3. Forum and user generated content
3.1. The terms outlined in this section apply to all User generated content posted to the Website by Users, including but not limited to forum posts, links, images, complaints and responses within the dispute mediation service, and user reviews.
3.2. User grants us the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, and commercially exploit any User generated content posted to the Website.
3.3. User confirms not to post any User generated content, which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, discriminatory, invasive of other person's privacy, adult material, copyrighted material without the explicit consent of the copyright owner, or to post any material or information which in any other way violates any third-party rights or applicable laws.
3.4. User generated content posted by Users expresses the views and opinions of individual Users and does not in any way reflect our views or opinions. The Website’s administration team does not actively read and review messages posted to the forum, and we bear no responsibility for the contents of any posts on the forum. User is liable for any User generated content they post to the Website.
3.5. It is prohibited to allow third parties to post User generated content under your name, as well as to post content created by third parties without their consent.
3.6. Any abusive activities or behavior, including posting of the same message to more than one forum thread or topic section, spamming, flooding, using chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitation, posting promotions, advertisements, marketing materials, or bonuses, or sending mass private messages or emails are strictly prohibited.
3.7. We reserve the right to remove or edit any User generated content, including but not limited to posts, links, and promotional information posted to the forum that we consider to be added by gambling-related websites, casinos, or their affiliated parties for promotional or link building purposes at our sole discretion.
3.8. We reserve the right to remove, edit, or close any User generated content or the User’s account at any time without prior notice and at our sole discretion in cases where the User generated content is abusive in nature, or breaks any applicable laws or clauses outlined in these Terms.
3.9. We reserve the right to reveal the User's identity (or any other related information collected on the Website) to the competent authorities in the event of any formal complaint or legal action being initiated as a result of any situation caused the User’s activity on the Website.
3.10. The Website allows Users to write and publish reviews and ratings of online casino websites. User warrants that these reviews are correct and true, as well as representative of a genuine experience the User has had with the reviewed online casino. User is only allowed to review each online casino once. User is not allowed to review online casinos with which they have a personal or professional relationship. We reserve the right to remove or edit any user reviews that do not comply with these rules.
3.11. The purpose of reviews and ratings created by Users on the Website is for them to reflect truthful experience of players at individual casino websites. That is why we reserve the right to delete User reviews which were created by Users after being motivated to do so by the casino, for example by offering them a bonus in exchange for a positive review.
3.12. We do not have the Users' permission to share their personal information, including their e-mail address, with the casino websites which they reviewed or rated on our Website. Therefore, we cannot share this information with the casino to help identify the User who submitted a review on our Website. If a casino wishes to identify the User or communicate with them, representatives of the casino are able to directly respond to the User's review.
3.13. If User is a representative of an online casino and wishes to represent it on the Website, they can have their User account linked to the represented casino by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to all other Terms, Users that are also casino representatives have to follow these rules:
- Representative can create one forum thread in each of the categories ‘Bonuses and Promotions’ and ‘Casinos’ related to each casino they represent. It is prohibited to create a large number of new threads related to a represented casino, or to create a new thread for each promotional offer of a represented casino.
- If the representative posts links to the website of the casino they represent, with which we have an affiliate relationship, these links must contain our tracking code.
- If we find that a casino representative does not comply with these rules, we reserve the right to remove their posts or threads, or terminate their User account, at our sole discretion.
4. Dispute mediation service
4.1. The Website provides a free-of-charge dispute mediation service, aiming at managing complaints brought by the Users and arising from playing transactions against any online gambling operator regardless of the size of disputed amount. Users can submit a complaint by filing a form available here.
4.2. By submitting a complaint to the Website, the User authorizes us to represent the User vis-à-vis the respective online gambling operator and agrees that once the complaint is submitted, the User will actively take part in the subsequent discussion and mediation process. In individual cases, the Users may be requested either to (i) send an authorization email (in a form which can be downloaded here) to the respective online gambling operator or (ii) to grant to us a formal authorization for representation of the User in the mediation process vis-à-vis the online gambling operator, the template of which can be downloaded here.
4.3. By submitting a complaint to the Website, the User authorizes us to request and/or receive from the affected online gambling operator any and all information related to the User‘s casino account, registered details, gambling logs and activity and/or any other information which could help to identify the issue in completeness and come up with a justified and fair decision.
4.4. We retain the right to refuse or cease to manage a complaint at any time if the complaint is frivolous in nature or vexatious, the User does not cooperate in the complaint management and mediation process or does not provide sufficient evidence validating the User’s complaint, the User has apparently breached the applicable rules of the affected online gambling operator or where the User is abusive, disparaging, disrespectful or threatening in communication with the Website‘s team.
5. Privacy Protection Policy
5.1. Privacy Protection Policy Scope
- For the purposes of applicable Data Protection Laws, We are the "data controller". This means that We determine the purpose and the manner in which is your Data processed.
5.2. Data collected
- Contact information such as email address
- Automatically collected information such as IP address, web browser type and operating system
5.3. How Data is collected
We collect data in following ways:
- Data provided to Us by Users
- Data collected automatically
5.3.1. Data provided to Us by Users
We collect Data provided by Users in numerous ways, for example:
- When Users contact us via the Website by email or any other means
- When Users submit complaints for the purpose of improving Our services (however, Users are not obliged to submit a complaint nor include and e-mail and other Data)
5.3.2. Data collected automatically
Some Data is collected automatically when Users access the Website, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about Your visit to the Website which includes Your IP address, the date, times and frequency of Your visits and the way You interact with the content of the Website; this information helps Us to make improvements to the Website content and its features.
- We collect Your Data automatically via cookies, according to the cookie settings on your browser. For more information see section 5.10.
5.4. Our use of Data
- improvement of our products or services
- other purposes for which the Data was provided to Us by the User
- We may use your Data for the above purpose if We deem it necessary to do so for Our legitimate interests. If You are not satisfied with this, You have the right to object in certain circumstances (see section 5.7).
- We do not share, rent, or sell personal information about Our Users to other people or companies.
5.5. Keeping Data secure
We use technical and organisational measures to safeguard Your Data:
- We store Your Data on secure servers
- Only Website admin can access the Data
- The measures to safeguard Your Data include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to Your Data, please let us know by contacting at: email@example.com.
5.6. Data retention
5.7. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request copy of the information We hold about You at any time, or right to request that We modify, update or delete such information. Where We are legally permitted to do so, We may refuse Your request. If We refuse Your request, We will tell You the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have Your Data amended if it is inaccurate
- Right to erase - the right to request deletion or removal of Your Data from Our systems
- Right to restrict our use of Your Data - the right to block Us from using Your Data or limit the way in which We can use it
- Right to Data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer Your Data
- Right to object - the right to object to Our use of Your Data
- To make enquiries, exercise any of Your rights set out above, or withdraw Your consent to the processing of Your Data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If You are not satisfied with the way a complaint You have made in relation to how your Data is handled by Us, You may refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
- It is important that the Data We hold about You is accurate. Please keep Us informed if Your Data changes during the period for which We hold it.
5.8. Links to other websites
5.9. Changes of business ownership and control
- In the above instance, We will take steps with the aim of ensuring Your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in Your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, You may lose saved information that enables You to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.
6. Final provisions
6.1. In case of any discrepancies between the language versions in English and other languages, the version in English shall be applied.
6.2. The conditions can be changed any time without prior notice.
Last update: August 11, 2022