HomeForumGeneral Gambling DiscussionQuestion about Gambling websites with Curaçao license using incorrect Merchant Category code

Question about Gambling websites with Curaçao license using incorrect Merchant Category code (page 1,585)

5,866,175 views 29,685 replies |
2 years ago
A little warning here for the CG Community: Casino Guru is an open platform where everyone is free to share their thoughts and opinions. We believe in free speech and try to be as non-restrictive as possible. That said, please remember: just because something is posted on the forum doesn’t mean Casino Guru agrees with it or endorses it in any way. We’re really happy to see players engaging in conversations, debating respectfully, and having fun doing so! That’s why we created this platform. However, we’ve noticed a growing trend – not just here, but across other platforms too – where some players, after losing money fairly in a casino, look for ways to get those funds back through their bank or payment provider, often by filing chargebacks or making false claims. We’d like to warn you: this behaviour is not only unfair – it’s also very risky! We’ve already seen and heard stories (here and elsewhere) of people who got into serious trouble trying to go down this route – including closed casino accounts across multiple platforms, closed bank accounts, debts, and even lawsuits (attempted fraud). Attempting fraud or misrepresenting the truth to a bank or provider is never a good idea and could have lasting consequences. So here’s our friendly appeal to all Casino Guru community members: Stand up against unfair and dishonest casinos. Use our Complaints Resolution Center if you need help – you don’t have to fight alone. But please don’t try to get back money you’ve fairly lost. It’s simply not worth the risk. Thanks for being part of our community – and have a great day!
1...1,584 1,585 1,586...1,620
Add post
Lisa2
3 weeks ago

I did try that address, but the response was very slow. I didn’t manage to resolve everything directly with TERFAST, so I eventually had to go through Xpate and the chargeback process for the remaining transactions.

Org1991
3 weeks ago

I contacted Xpate about several merchants, including FREDTG, MSP, scudot, playtwin, ORENZA and TRAMIQ.

My experience was similar. Even when I had transaction details, they mostly told me to contact the merchant directly. The problem is that some of these merchants either don't respond or are very difficult to identify.

That's why I eventually started using the chargeback route for the transactions I couldn't resolve directly.

3 weeks ago

I’ve had problems with vercs2, calcal, jusdot5, tokdom, jusski6 and paypay.

No refunds so far. In my case, the winnings weren’t paid out, the merchants wouldn’t refund the deposits and eventually blocked me. I also contacted Xpate, but they’ve basically been ignoring me, so I’m now trying to recover the money through chargebacks.

Emmaggaar deleted the post
Tant deleted the post
Tant
3 weeks ago

No nothing

Emmaggaar
3 weeks ago

Which bank are you with? Did you speak to them ahead of raising the chargeback and explain the circumstances (I.e won’t pay out, winnings not credited, misrepresentation of mcc code, gambling block bypassed?) Or did you raise yourself under goods not received? Did none of that £20k credit to the casino?

Emmaggaar
3 weeks ago

I have replied to this but it’s pending

Emmaggaar
3 weeks ago

I have seen a few people in post from over a year ago mention CIFAS markers or banks shutting down accounts. That’s why I would always advocate for speaking with the bank ahead of any chargeback, not only to protect yourself but to ensure that they are raising the chargeback under the relevant chargeback code.

Emmaggaar
3 weeks ago

Have you been honest with your bank about what the funds were used for? I believe goods/ services not received doesn’t fit because you should have received these at the offshore casino you used.

I got mine raised after speaking to an advisor/ disputes expert at the bank and then successfully won 28 across two merchants. But saying that my bank account then went into review and looks to be getting closed shortly so I’m not expert clearly on this. I’ve just been honest throughout as for me that’s the best way and I veered the bank advisors away from fraud etc. and explained my gambling addiction during those months

Foxtrot90
3 weeks ago

Same here, had a five figure sum won through chargebacks but only because I spoke with bank support and explained the whole situation ahead of raising anything. When it’s such large amounts of money, it just makes sense.

I’m sorry your account is now going to review. Hopefully you get a good outcome in the end.

Glamour6 deleted the post
Emmaggaar deleted the post
Emmaggaar deleted the post
Emmaggaar deleted the post
Foxtrot90 deleted the post
Glamour6 deleted the post
Emmaggaar
3 weeks ago

Well if the casino provides proof you played with the money deposited that may be an issue for you?

I’m not expert on this though like I say so don’t take anything I say as gospel.

Emmaggaar
3 weeks ago
Emmaggaar deleted the post
3 weeks ago

No and I must raised about 70-100

3 weeks ago

Hi all,

I've been pushing for a casino to refund me the last few weeks without raising chargebacks. Last night I recieved natwest app notifications for all the transactions saying something along the lines of "your refund request for ***** has been accepted". I never requested anything from the bank, so this must be the merchant refunding off their own back right? It says it will take 3-5 days - will it actually take that long?

1...1,584 1,585 1,586...1,620
Go to pageof 1,620 pages

Add post

flash-message-reviews
User reviews – Write own casino reviews and share your experience

Follow us on social media – Daily posts, no deposit bonuses, new slots, and more