How to choose an online casino
Choosing a good online casino which meets all your requirements is not as easy as it sounds. To make your life easier I have created a short list of criteria you should always consider:
- The casino accepts players from your country
- Good casino reputation (evaluated by me and my team - pick casinos with GOOD and PERFECT ratings)
- License from respected regulator
- Reasonably high revenues compared to your highest possible wins
- High-enough withdrawal limits (compared to your highest possible wins)
- A selection of your favorite games (use the Game Provider filter on the right)
- Customer support and website localized in your native language
- Fast and helpful customer support
- Attractive and fair bonuses
- Suitable deposit and withdrawal options (use the Payment Method filter on the right)
- Intuitive and nice website
- Support for mobile devices
If you are interested in the details, you can check out our article on "How to choose an online casino?".
The criteria used in my casino reviews
Soon after I started Casino.Guru as a project, I realized that I needed to rate online casinos based on objective criteria. Trying the casino on my own isn’t enough to get a representative experience, and I would have to win huge amounts in every casino I reviewed to prove that they pay out on high winnings. That is just not possible.
That’s why my reviews are based on the experience of other players, sourced from rigorous research of various forums, mediation websites and other sources. It’s not an easy task to judge who was right in the case of complaints which remain unresolved. But in the end, I usually get an impression of how the casino treats its players.
My basic formula for the casino reputation rating considers the:
- Number of complaints where I think the casino wasn’t acting fair
- Amount of money involved in these cases
- Number of casino visitors and how long the casino operates
Writing honest casino reviews takes a lot of time
Yes, it does. For casinos with a long track record it can take up to 20 hours. Myself or my team read everything we are able to find on the internet. We read all forums, mediation websites or reviews posted by real users.
We are trying to save your time. Any case that falls foul of my fair gambling codex is summarized in our casino review.
How my recommendation system sorts casinos
The list of casinos you can see here is my best guess for casinos which may suit your needs and preferences.
At first, I intentionally omit casinos which don’t accept players from your country. It makes no sense to point you to them, right?
Secondly, I display casinos which I know are a great fit for a certain country in the top positions.
Thirdly, I prefer casinos which are localized to your native language or offer customer support in that language. Communication in a native language is, for many players, a more comfortable experience, and if a casino is localized, it will more likely understand the specific needs of players from your country.
However, the localization ranking is already mixed with the reputation ranking. So I display higher non-localized casinos with PERFECT reputation over localized casinos with a BAD track-record.
On top of that, I use various other minor ranking criteria. But ultimately, if you want to find the best casino for you as quickly as possible, the easiest way is to use the filters on the right and filter the casinos based on your own criteria.
Note: If I haven’t guessed your country or your native language correctly, you can change them by clicking on the flag in the top left corner in the main menu.
Which casino filters on the right may come in most handy?
The filtering options are one of the technically strongest features of the Casino Guru website. It took a lot of effort to design and implement them. They are my gift for the advanced users who know what they are searching for and for those who want to get the most relevant results as quickly as possible.
- For players from – Display only the casinos that accept players from one of the selected countries
- Casino Games – Filter the casinos that have one of the selected casino games
- Game provider – The casinos that have games from at least one of selected game providers
- Payment method – The casinos that offer deposits or withdrawals with at least one of selected payment providers
- Licensing authority – Pick only the casinos that operate under a certain license
- Safe amount to win – Use this filter to get financially strong casinos with lots of players
- Withdrawal limit – If you plan to win big, you’ll need a high withdrawal limit to cash out your win quickly and without any issues
- Currency – This filter is for you if you prefer to play in your local currency
- Mobile Devices – Find casinos which support players with smartphones and tablets
- Website language – The casinos with a localized website
- Customer support language – The casinos that are able to at least react to support questions in your native language
- Live chat language – Find the casinos that have a live chat in your native language (which is the most convenient way to solve any problems or questions)