Are the myths about slots true?
There are hundreds of myths about how you should play to guarantee a win, but the vast majority of them are realy just „urban legends“, which were released to the world by owners of slots, in order to entice you.
- The myth of a regular cycle? Untrue. Each spin is independent of the previous ones.
- The myth that you can't win several times in a row on the same slot machine? Untrue. As mentioned earlier - slots don't have a memory.
- Slot machines need to be "fed" to have a bigger chance of winning? Untrue. It all comes down to probability, and it doesn't matter if you lose 5 000 € or 2 €; the probability of hitting the jackpot is still the same.
- The myth that every casino has a department for slots, where a person is sitting there watching how you are doing, and when you start winning too much, he will press the button and in that second you start to lose? In reality, the payout of a slot is heavily burned into a memory card that is inserted into the slot and in order to replace it, it is necessary to open the slot and change the card. So, a technician has to come and change the payout ratio. It is possible to use only one word when talking about the majority of such myths: "Untrue".
Is it important to have a strategy?
You can have two goals - either you come to slot machines only to have fun, in which case you do not need any strategy, or you want to win at the slot machines. In this case, you need to know some rules which can help you boost your chances of winning. The payout ratio applies to one game round only, so you should focus more on variance. The higher the variance of a slot machine, the higher the percentage of having bigger wins, and vice-versa. When the variance is low,, your chances for smaller wins, which you get continuously, is higher. But if you want to win, it is better to have the highest variance. Why? It is more probable to win an amount you will be satisfied to leave with, in one big win than it is to gather euro after euro and slowly gain smaller wins.
Some slots let you set your variance by the number of winning lines. The fewer winning lines you use, the higher variance you have. This especially applies when you are able to lower the number of lines to one. But this advantage is in opposition to the rule that for the highest variance it is better to play with the maximum bet. A good option for how to increase variance is the option to "double up". You can double your win until you reach a desired amount, or until you lose it.
Tips for how to be successful
- Do not rush. This is not the Olympics and the one pressing the spin button the most times per minute is not the one who wins. The winner is the one who keeps his head cool and has a system.
- Be careful with money. Never deposit money into a player’s account or take more money to the casino than you can afford to lose (money for your flat, for food, someone else’s money). Play only with money which you will not miss.
- Before playing, look at the Pay Table; the table with winning combinations and the sums you get for them. Why? You will know what you are playing for. You will always play better if you know what you can win.
- Play the slots with a high payout and a mostly high variance.
- Did you catch the jackpot or a big win? This is the best time to relax a bit and take a break from the slots. Want to play further? O.K., but withdraw a part of your profits, because as you know - easy come, easy go. After all, slot machines are mainly for having fun.
You have just learned the basic, but most important things about slots. The next time you sit down at them or visit an online casino, you will already know how to play.